Friday, October 4, 2013

Thank you blood donors

Thank you blood donors. Over the past couple weeks I have had to receive a bag of platelets and 2 bags of red blood cells.

One of the side affects of my current medication is a drop in blood counts. So now my platelets and red cells are up I just have be careful with my lack of white cells- neutrophils in particular which are the infection fighting cells.

So you will not see me out in a crowd, people at AGH won't see me at work for a little while and I will be trying to dodge anyone I hear is sick. This won't be too difficult since I am a bit of an introvert anyway.

As far as my treatment, we will be checking the number of cancer cells floating around in my blood in two weeks. As far as home life, Meagan is still dealing with a lot of nausea from the pregnancy and Life has started using the potty. Very exciting!

My next post is going to be a bit of a fund raiser (as medical bills keep eating away at our bank account now more than usual). We have a lot of items around the house no longer need and that are taking up space we will need for our newest addition to the family who will be arriving in April. So instead of having a yard sale, I will be holding a blog sale. I hope to have it posted in the next few days but Meagan has put a few things on Facebook already. Be looking out for it and please help spread the news when it is posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment